Monday, October 20, 2008

a ribbon and a pickle jar

so i figure i should write something to show the knowledge i have gained in the 1/5th of a century that i have graced this earth...

however...i never professed to have learned much in the past 20 years....(for example...i have this issue with capitalizing things that need to be capitalized. like names and beginnings of sentences and such) so don’t prepare yourself for anything profound.

today i turned 20. it was a very simple day. mark and i awoke and lay in bed as long as possible looking into each others eyes and cuddling (yes we are still disgusting after a year and 2 months of marriage.) mark then made me french toast, eggs, and even peeled my orange for me! :]

we sat about and talked for a bit and then mark had to go to work. i told him that it was a sin to go to work on his wife persons birthday and that i forbade him to go. he had this silly excuse of being a contracted teacher not a student....jibberish i tell you!

while he was at work i went to find a computer with internet so i could send my dear brother a short email saying to watch his mailbox. that took a bout as i sent many other people emails as well. thanks for the “happy birthdays” all those who sent them! they made me happy.

after that i went home and cleaned and rearranged the apartment. ( i might go crazy here)

mark came home late....he was finding a flower shop. :) he came home and i kissed him and all that good married stuff and stuck the dear flower into the best vase i have! (an old pickle jar)

and thus we see that love can come in many shapes, sizes, colors, and yes, even flavors!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday 2 days late! I was thinking about you on your B-day but did nothing. Sorry. I still love ya.
About the comment "mark and i awoke and lay in bed as long as possible looking into each others eyes and cuddling (yes we are still disgusting after a year and 2 months of marriage.)"
Oh hun, after nearly 6 years of marriage, James and I are the same way. Granted it might be due to him being gone all the time, but I really don't think so. I think it would be the same even if we were together every day. And I hope it continues forever. I think it's sweet.